Wednesday 29 August 2007

Day 20: Plan of the day

Today, crapy net place, so no picture.

We are finally heading to Istanbul. 340 km with quite some question marks along the way, starting with my legendary companion. I am quite curious to see how will he cope with the road today. Usually, after struggling, he always comes in great shape, as if he would be saving his face. Just like he attacks a plan road after a painful steep up: coming after all the cars who overtook us.

But the little one has over 5300 km since we left Porto. As always, he will be the one deciding our pace. No worries buddy, Emin can wait a bit longer for us. The second and more worrying question mark is the Turkish border. We are again trying to leave EU and this time to get stuck in the border like it happened to us in Ukraine will be much more than a little disappointment. The biggest potential problem is the same: the car is not under my name, but my father's. We have a proxy from him now, but not the original, only a print out. I know by my own experience how much customs officers like shining stamps on the documents, therefore my concern.

But hopefully next time I'll be writing to you it will already be from old Constantinople! Emin, you Turkish bastard, the Christians are back in town! Looking forward so, so much to meet you in spectacular Istanbul, my Muslim brother!!!

Hugs and Kisses,
TMA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Só gostava de ver todas essas situações ao vivo, ao vivo? Não , filmado. Medricas como sou dava-me um «heartattack» e o sr engenheiro não sabia , com certeza, tratar-me. A não ser, que por acaso, encontrasse algum aparelhómetro no chão e me conseguisse reanimar. Com vocês tudo é possível!!!

Mts bjns para os três amigos
Mãe

Anonymous said...

Parabéns! Missão cumprida, chegaram a Istambul com uma viagem pela descrição espectacular!!

Ainda dizem que os portugueses são burocraticos! parece-me que há povos bem mais papelocomplicados.

Que corra tudo pelo melhor nos dias que se seguem.

Bjnhs
Rita