Monday 3 September 2007

Day 25: Istanbul - Sofia


By far, the hardest day so far...

Painful, to say the least. That's how I can describe leaving Istanbul. To see Emin from the Deuch's mirror was by far the worse moment of our journey. The connection we have can never be put into words, can never be understood by anyone else but us. When leaving Isa in Romania, I still had Emin on my sight. This time just the absolute sureness that we will always keep bumping to each other was cuddling my sorrow. To little, way to little.

Poor Nuno had to put up with a mute driver in tears while we faced the cahotic morning traffic of Istanbul. That was so far the sole momment I wished I did not have to go on, that I could just stop and be home. With about 400 km's done, I passed the wheel to Nuno and for the first time in my life, took a nap on my little one, while he kept on his fights with the hilly bulgarian roads. Surprisingly nice, to fall a sleep under his engine's sound and with the fresh air coming from the open top. Just what I needed to recharge bateries and make my mind clear: even though after Istanbul we can only go down, we were so high over there that the valley is still far, farway. Around 18, there we were again on an unknown huge city, without a map, finding our away to the hostel with a smile in our faces. We are getting dam good at it!

We are back in business! Sofia: ready or not, here we go!

Love,
TMA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tão tristinho... Força, ainda tens muito para andar.
Boa viagem.
Bjs para ti e Nuno
Mãe

Unknown said...

Oh, Tiago, um herói que chora! Não vês que assim és mais herói ainda?!... Então o Nuno conduziu, nos teus momentos tristes, o teu «biju».
Boa, filho, és um amigo que merece confiança, orgulho-me ainda mais de ti. Resto de boa viagem, ternurices para os dois e um beijo especial para o Nuno.
Roca

Anonymous said...

Então Tiago, aguenta aí... Põe mas é os pés ao caminho (ou deverei dizer rodinhas?) que não faltam saudosos amigos teus à espera em Portugal!

Grande abraço e bom regresso!

Rui Duarte

Anonymous said...

Dizer um ate ja a um grande amigo quando se sabe que é um até ja distante provoca sempre aquele aperto no coracao mas os momentos bem passados e super aproveitados ao segundo sao maiores e sem dar conta la estamos nos a sorrir com as recordaçoes.

Agora novas aventuras na viagem de regresso a Imbicta!

Bjnhs e boa viagem
Rita

Anonymous said...

Então estão a apanhar mau tempo. Por cá tem estado muito calor e amanhã vou começar mais um ano lectivo.
Bjns e continuação de boa viagem.

Mãe