Saturday 5 January 2008

My Muslim Brother takes the floor!


Tiago, meu irmão,


Once again I had the opportunity to feel like "at home" by your visit: We continued to cheer up our little moments, kept on our endless (yours in general J) philosophical speeches and ate and drunk limitless as we experienced everywhere in Europe. Not mentioning the kebabs, even we had a Francesinha at home, but with some raki flavor this time.

I am glad that you felt the amazing atmosphere of Ali Sami Yen, this little and old stadium where we could shout “filhos do dragao” and even dared to show off the Portuguese flag with dangerous colors in there J I am happy that you liked it; I was nearly sure that you would.

And me, I had the opportunity to drive your 2CV, that amazing toy, on the hills of Istanbul. Most of the times we had difficulties to ascend the hills but the most dangerous was to descend from that hills with its breaks almost “kaput”! I remember once the following dialogue:
TMA – "Emiiiin, stop! Use the breaaaks!"
ES – "I am man, I am!" :)

It was really marvelous to drive the deuche! When you drive it, you can feel the people looking at you, first with a pity but then with a huge sympathy. And once again, you made real a dream of mine, to drive a foreign car, this time in my own city. Well, I am happy and glad to welcome you in Istanbul and I will always be!

Porto – Istanbul, two sides of Europe, very far from each other. Really? I don’t think so!
Beijos,
Emin

P.S. By the way, I know a place in Brussels where you can eat rips as much as you can. Would like to join me by foot?:)

No comments: